As a developer, you care about the quality of code, understand how to work with several content types, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt on changing design frameworks and design principles. Experience in mobile not needed but preferred. Needless to say, you will have knowledge of how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions and have pride in your work output. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
The successful candidate will have a 3 to 5 years direct experience in web and/or distributed development environment and must be educated to degree level.
Summary of Duties
The chosen candidate will work as part of a talented team of Digital Specialists. This person will be responsible for supporting a suite of cutting-edge web, mobile and distributed applications.
Project activities should be primarily focused on:
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, designers, and technology and architecture teams
- Work in a rapid pace environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Enjoy learning about our customers and our businesses
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment
- Create functional prototypes from design specifications and wireframes
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Aware of W3C web standards, their purpose, benefits, and appropriateness
- Mobile first web development and responsive web design.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- User input validation using HTML5 standards
- Desire to learn, share and apply new skills
- Ability to present solutions to complex problems
- Research emerging technologies and develop POC's
- Participate in the architecture, system design and development of microservice applications.
- Collaborate with team members and other teams and integrate individual components into complex enterprise systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have strong knowledge of user interface and functional design for web and mobile. Knowledge of Responsive and Material design; API based development; Experience of UI Component and Single Page Application development.
- Knowledge of: browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques; OWASP secure coding practices; Web Accessibility Standards; Use of Web Analytics and SEO principles; Use of testing frameworks, such as Karma, Jasmine and Protractor.
- Experience in using tools such as WebPack, Grunt and browser tools like Chrome Dev tools.
- Knowledge of source code versioning tools like GIT.
- Proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and collaboration;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as IBM WCM; Proficient with database design, SQL and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of Containers and CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Hudson.
- Experience of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM.
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies and is hungry to keep learning
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email email@example.com or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.