Grafton are working alongside a superb manufacturing company who due to growth are seeking to add buyers to the team. This is a superb opportunity for someone who is either an experienced buyer OR a junior buyer with min 1 year experience. The company are also prepared to assist in putting the candidate through a CIPS qualification!
- Ensuring products are purchased commercially in line with the company's brand and safety standards.
- Communicating and negotiating with third parties to secure beneficial agreements in the procurement process.
- Providing guidance and direction to junior members of the Buying team as well as other participants in the buying and product development process.
- Managing and organising samples for review.
- Using complex data to analyse forecasts and sales figures.
- Working with other Buyers in setting and delivering the strategy for the department.
- Assisting Senior Buyers with their day-to-day duties and functions.
- Emailing suppliers for quotes and chasing the information required.
- Interfacing between suppliers and operational teams on buying processes.
- Making sure that day to day purchases are ordered and delivered on time
- Raising purchase orders.
- Educated to A level standard
- Minimum 1 year buying experience within an MRP environment
- Experience in report writing
- CIPS qualification
- Experience of Navision