Junior Buyer - FMCG
A new permanent opportunity is available with our client in Dublin 11 for a Junior Buyer / Assistant Trading Manager. The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of World Foods (Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Indian etc) and will have experience in sourcing in Far East/Asia.
In this role, you will have responsibility for the sales, margin and cash profit of given product areas and you will work closely with the Category Manager.
- Assess market and competitor trends in your product area and develop a range to capitalise on trends
- Work with category planning team to conduct range reviews
- Assess current pricing and margin performance
- Continually access Market Pricing and secure better cost of goods to maintain budgeted sales and margins for the areas of responsibility
- Ensure best sourcing practices
- Shipping/Lead times are factored into all sourcing working closely with supply chain
- Pan and implement effective promotions and events to drive sales
- Conduct post promotional analysis
- Maintenance of product and price file
- All general administrative duties
- Work with the supply chain team and the supplier base to ensure availability of products to customers
- Ensure the inbound service levels are on target
- Ensure all products are monitored regularly and sell off plan is in place
- Involvement in annual terms negotiations with key suppliers
- Support the Key Account Managers to develop large Asian Natural Accounts
Excellent Ms Office skills are required, in particular Excel, along with 3 years experience in a buying/trading role and preferably a 3rd level business related degree.
We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland