Grafton Built Environment are working with a well respected company in the luxury design and fit out market who are currently looking to hire a Junior Quantity Surveyor or Estimator to join their strong team on a permanent basis in Belfast and London.
The successful applicant will work with the Estimating Director and contracts teams to determine the costs associated with completing the scope of work in a tender.
Projects are mainly based in London and south of England so an element of travel is required with the role. Project Sectors include Retail, Commercial, and Residential, all of a high end nature.
- Prepare accurate estimates and proposals in a timely manner
- Organise subcontractor quotations and negotiate on price
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters
- Liaise with clients and design teams to gain a full understanding of projects
What you will bring:
- Third level qualification in a related discipline and/or previous experience working in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised and can work to strict deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft office, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous construction/ fit out experience
- Ideally you will have a membership of a professional body
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team of construction professionals delivering world class projects across the UK. Excellent benefits package and competitive salary on offer.
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.