Grafton HR are delighted to be partnering one of Northern Ireland's biggest and fastest growing manufacturing companies.
As part of the growth and planned expansion, the organisation is excited to take the first step by implementing a build out of their current HR function, which will result in a number of new and highly exciting opportunities, including a new Learning & Development Specialist vacancy.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play a key role in the future of the organisation, in a newly shaped HR team and in a business striving to position itself as one of UK & Irelands "Employers of Choice".
- To partner with the client businesses and lead implementation of business aligned learning strategies designed to transform and progress workforce capability, productivity and efficiency whilst ensuring L&D systems, policies and process requirements are effectively delivered.
- Contributes actively to the development and implementation of the L&D strategies and plans and drives the development of a business aligned learning strategy;
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching and coordination across the client leadership team, helping build a high performance team and an engaged workforce;
- Facilitates the creation of clear work process and instruction and the transition into learning modules, using appropriate learning systems, mediums and software;
- Develops and manages the learning aspects of the on-boarding process to help workforce resources become productive as rapidly and cost efficiently as possible;
- Creates clarity of L&D purpose and deliverables' with measures and on-going performance evaluation;
- Helps make the business case for financial resources related to the improvement of learning capability whilst looking at ways to save costs in the capability development process;
- Applies appropriate change management towards a learning organisation;
- Works with managers and HR Business Partners to build high performing teams (real, virtual, matrix, cross-functional etc.) through identifying the support needed and delivering solutions, making use of the appropriate specialist support;
- Works with the HR team to coordinate the identification and nurturing of talent and succession plans across the business;
- Creates accurate short term and long term workforce capability plans or skills matrices;
- Manages the quality of preferred suppliers or training agencies to meet L&D needs.
- Minimum 10 years in a range of L&D management and specialist roles - including manufacturing and engineering environments
- HR / OB / Psychology related degree and MBA desirable
- Knowledge of the Learning Organisation principles and approaches
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing desirable
- Financial and business acumen
- Confident in the use of the Microsoft Portfolio and knowledge of learning media and resources
The package will reflect the nature and level of the role to ensure the very best appointments are made
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Conal at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.