Our Client in the Antrim area are looking to recruit a Laboratory Assistant to join their team on a full time temporary assignment with a view to permanent after 6 months.
Our company are recruiting a Laboratory Assistant to help with production schedules and administrative duties. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who can work well as part of a small team and on their own initiative. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain valuable experience in a fast-moving, busy lab environment.
- Perform ELISA experiments for in-house QC testing, validation work and development of new ELISA based products.
- ELISA plate production for existing products.
- Assist with preparation of Buffers and Reagents.
- Ensure lab is clean and tidy - cleaning glassware and autoclaving will be part of daily routine.
- Operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Conduct literature searches on identified topics relevant to research.
- Answer telephone / emails and be able to deal with technical enquiries and sales
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Assist with stock-taking of office and lab supplies as required and purchasing when required
- Administration duties such as filing
- Carry out marketing and sales activities which may involve travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in a life science subject, preferably involving immunology modules.
- 5 GCSE's of grades A-C; to include a least two science subjects. A-level in Biology or Chemistry desirable but not essential.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Telephone /email protocol, as duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational skills.
- Be self-driven, keen to work and able to use own initiative.
Desirable Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience of ELISA techniques.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory.
- Experience working in an accredited laboratory, particularly ISO:9001 and / or ISO:13485.