Job content/Main Duties
1. Check / Sort / Log samples received in the laboratory onto the Laboratory information management system
2. Test samples for microbiological / chemical analysis, including specialised testing and laboratory projects.
3. Collate results and input into laboratory Information Management system to generate reports and transfer data
4. Maintain Laboratory quality system records
5. Deal with telephone queries from Dale Farm Co-operative Ltd suppliers, production site staff and external customers.
6. Ensure correct disposal of waste.
7. Assist in the training of other staff
8. Be familiar with and follow laboratory test procedures and health and safety procedures.
9. Cleaning of laboratory, benches, equipment
10. Complete calibration on equipment located within the Dale Farm Laboratory.
11. Carry out minor technical repairs, set-up procedures and maintenance on laboratory instruments.
12. Print Barcode Labels for Producers & Milk Recording Samples
13. Provide cover for laboratory office, laboratory attendant when required
14. Prepares media for laboratory testing, including use of hazardous chemicals
15. Carry out other duties as directed by the Laboratory Manager or Laboratory Supervisor