An Excellent Opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant in the Derry Area.
Providing a support service to young people, whilst participating on the training for success or apprenticeship NI Programme. working within the disability support services programme.
your key job duties will be:
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the young person's needs, as agreed with the DSS Co-ordinator.
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the young person.
- Assist the DSS Co-ordinator with the monitoring and evidencing of progress against Performance Targets set.
- Provide monthly updates to the DSS Co-ordinator on the young persons' progress.
- Stimulate and promote effective, learner-centred independent learning strategies for the young person to enable them to participate and heighten their motivation and self-est.
- Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documentation.
Other general duties:
- Carry out job duties in compliance with Clanrye Group's policies and procedures to include equal opportunities and health and safety legislation.
- Adhere to existing work practices, procedures and undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Keep up to date with new resources in line with industry demand and currency ensuring participants are trained using the most up to date and current resources.
- Act in compliance with all course examination, assessment and validation requirements.
- Ensure quality of provision at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to Clanrye Group through the completion of all tasks allocated to you and by attending staff and development opportunities to ensure that professional competency is maintained.
Hours of Work:
Term time only.
flexible Monday - Friday (approx 8 - 24 hrs p/w).
5 GCSE's including English and Math.
At least 1 years experience in a similar role.
previous experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities.
experience of working in an education environment.
excellent listening skills.
ability to relate to children, young people and adults in an empathetic manner.
ability to develop a good rapport with young people and use effective interpersonal skills.
excellent interpersonal skills particularly communication and presentation skills.
excellent organisational skills with excellent knowledge of MS office Suite.
Excellent numeracy literacy skills.
respect for diversity as you will be working with young people from a range of backgrounds.
access to own car is essential.
Candidates with BSL and note taking experience.
training in safeguarding, Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Dyslexia or SEBD.
If you are interested and would like more information, please contact Maggy at our Derry office on 02871267799 or click on the apply button with you CV.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.