Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Learning Support Assistant to start ASAP for a duration of 6-12 weeks
Pay rate: £9.42
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and/or long term medical conditions in an educational, care or training setting
- Be competent in the use of a computer to produce worksheets, photographs etc.
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- A broad knowledge and understanding of adult status and inclusion
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards feelings of others especially in personal care situations
- Working with students to identify and help overcome specific difficulties, but not to provide subject specific tuition.
- Assisting students in accessing campus facilities including opening doors, carrying bags, orientation around campus, general assistance etc.
- Making any necessary reasonable adjustments to ensure support is delivered in an accessible manner.
- Adhering to Health and Safety procedures including personal fire evacuation plans;
- Providing reports, written and oral, as required including those for internal quality assurance arrangements.
- Ensuring that all documentation and authorisation procedures are adhered to.
- Maintaining accurate records of all class preparation work and to make these available to the Line Manager on request.
- Maintaining appropriate professional conduct.
- Carrying other duties appropriate to the grade and role assigned.
- Provide classroom support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Provide personal care needs of students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Provide support to students on work placement
- Support on transport to and from college and between sites
- Support tutors in the administration function and daily classroom activities
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Shauna McGrath will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland