Learning Support Assistant
· Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the young person's needs, as agreed with the DSS Co-ordinator.
· Prepare in advance of the support session and have all necessary resources for the session.
· Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the young person.
· Assist the DSS Co-ordinator with the monitoring and evidencing of progress against Performance Targets set.
· Provide weekly monthly updates to the DSS Co-ordinator on the young person's progress through the completion of engagement records.
· Stimulate and promote effective, learner-centred independent learning strategies for the young person to enable them to participate and heighten their motivation and self-esteem.
· Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documentation.
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your Manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.
· Carry out job duties in compliance with Clanrye Group's policies and procedures to include equal opportunities and health and safety legislation.
· Adhere to Clanrye Group's safeguarding policies and procedures.
· Adhere to existing work practices, procedures and undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
· Keep up to date with new resources in line with industry demand and currency ensuring participants are trained using the most up to date and current resources.
· Act in compliance with all course examination, assessment and validation requirements.
· Ensure quality of provision at all times.
· Demonstrate commitment to Clanrye Group through the completion of all tasks allocated to you and by attending staff and development opportunities to ensure that professional competency is maintained.
· 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
· At least 1 year experience in a similar role.
· Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups.
· Experience of working in an education environment.
Essential Knowledge / Skills Required
· Ability to actively listen and relate to children, young people and adults in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
· Ability to develop a good rapport with young people and use effective interpersonal skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills particularly communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.