LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT Omagh, Co Tyrone Temporary (Term Time)
Our Client a charity provide quality training accredited qualifications and employment opportunities to individuals furthest removed from the Labour market.
As a Learning support Assistant you will be providing a support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator.
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the young persons' needs.
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the young person
- Provide monthly updates to the Co-ordinator on the young persons' progress
- Stimulate and promote effective, learner centred independent learning strategies for the young person to enable then to participate and heighten their motivation and self esteem.
Hours of Work:
- This is a term time position and can vary from 8 hrs to 24 hrs per week.
- 5 GCSE's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths
- At least 1 year's experience in a similar role
- Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups
- Experience of working in an education environment
- Ability to actively listen and relate to children, young people and adults in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths
- Ability to develop a good rapport with young people and use effective interpersonal skills
- Access to your own car is essential
- Candidates with BSL (British Sign Language) & note taking experience
- Training would be desirable in the following areas Safeguarding, Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Dyslexia or SEBD.
You will also be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure check.
- £12.50 per hour
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Avril on 02866 323300 and apply with your up to date Cv by clicking the button.