Learning Support Assistant
Various Locations Throughout Northern Ireland
Our client is a leader in the provision of specialised training for those unsure about their career and who require guidance and support.
To provide a support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator.
If the role involves supporting the young person to achieve an Essential Skills (numeracy, literacy, ICT) qualification a supplementary sheet of duties will be provided. To carry out administrative duties required.
This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings.
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups
- Experience of working in an education environment.
- Candidates with BSL (British Sign Language) & with Note taking experience.
- The ability to use reading, writing, communication, spelling and grammar strategies to improve literacy skills.
- Knowledge of the Essential Skills Numeracy, Literacy and ICT qualifications from entry level-level 2.
- Ability to use ICT as a learning tool and for record keeping.
- Training would be desirable in the following areas Safeguarding, Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Dyslexia or SEBD.
- An opportunity to gain experience with a progressive, growing and innovative company
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Gillian on 028 3025 1808 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.