Temporary (End of Jan 2020)
The Client: Local government body based in Lurgan and Portadown, serving local people.
- Teach a range of subjects at various levels within the relevant subject/programme area
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes
- Prepare student assessment schedules and profiles
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes
- Awareness of the welfare of students and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carry out risk assessments as required
- Promote courses and services offered within the relevant subject/programme area
- Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development
- Recruit/interview students to various courses within the College
- Liaise with employers, Higher Educational establishments and professional associations
- Contribute as part of the team to career seminars, student industrial placements, and educational visits
- Complete administration duties associated with the post including e.g. internal verification/moderation of student progress, marking and completion of e-registers
- Attend meetings on matters relating to students, course co-ordination, management, assessment and development.
Hours of work: 15.5 hrs per week
- A degree in Mathematics (or a degree that major in Mathematics)
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 Numeracy pr NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
- A full and current driving license which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes.
Other Essential Criteria
- Demonstrable knowledge needed to perform the role and a positive approach to developing own knowledge base.
- An ability to confidently communicate relevant information clearly and precisely to groups.
- An ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders across the College to achieve group or College goals.
- The ability to plan and organise workload.
- Pay: TBC
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.