Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Legal Administrative Assistant.
Role : Legal Administrative Assistant
Location: Cloonavin Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 12 weeks + £10.14 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Democratic and Central Services Section by providing full and comprehensive administrative support to the Legal Services Section.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with operational, statutory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Provide administrative support to the legal services section and to the other officers within this department as deemed appropriate for the post.
- Carry out general office duties including answering calls, monitor and action the dedicated email for Legal Services, word processing duties, drafting emails and letters, scanning and filing correspondence and other associated duties. Update and maintain relevant spreadsheets and schedules.
- Provide support to meetings and events organised by the Directorate in relation to Legal Services issues including booking venues, set up of rooms, preparing meeting papers, arranging refreshments and taking minutes. Land and Property Officer.
- Undertaking projects relevant to the post such as gathering/ researching information, distribution of information.
- Maintain and update both electronic and manual filing and records management systems within the Legal Services section to ensure records are secure and easily retrievable, recorded, retained and disposed of in accordance with Council's Retention and Disposal Schedule.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care in dealing with enquiries from internal and external customers, Councillors, members of the public and other organisations.
- Undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned by the Senior Council Solicitor as and when required.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A minimum of five GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent, including English Language and be able to demonstrate on the application form by providing personal and specific examples, a minimum of one year's administration experience working in a solicitor's office or working at undergraduate or post graduate law degree level.
- One years' experience of using Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.