Role: Legal Counsel
Salary: Dependent on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment is seeking for a new member of our Client's In-House Legal Counsel Team.
Our long-established client, based in Letterkenny, is currently seeking to bring on a new member of Legal-Counsel. This role will suit a qualified Solicitor/Barrister, or someone with extensive previous legal experience.
The duties of this position will include both long-term established tasks as well as short-term projects that arise from diverse requests for legal support. The candidate must be able to learn the client's business, become familiar with insurance and investment products and their legal requirements, and otherwise become an integral part of the legal team supporting the client's Prudential's businesses.
- Perform legal research and writing, including of relevant US and foreign laws and regulations,
- Draft and negotiate provisions of contracts and documentation,
- Maintain corporate record books, draft resolutions, coordinate state annual report filings, and conduct other corporate and partnership housekeeping
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Legal Degree, Solicitor/Barrister Qualification is desirable
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a paralegal or similar experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (a writing sample may be requested.)
- The candidate should have experience using Westlaw (or similar legal research tools)
- High level of competence with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire and ability to pursue continuous learning
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally within the company, alongside a competitive salary combined with the opportunity to gain invaluable experience as part of a fantastic team.
- They will get the chance to work without instruction, and with autonomy, allowing a successful candidate to further develop an already established skillset
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.