Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Legal Officer - Deputy Principal Grade to start ASAP for a duration of 6-9 Months Initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (09.00am - 5.00pm)
The post holder supports the Head of Legal and Policy Advice by managing and leading the organisation's casework and legal affairs.
The Legal Officer works closely with the Commissioner, Chief Executive, Head of Legal and Policy Advice, and stakeholder organisations and it is therefore imperative that effective working relationships are developed and fostered.
The Legal Officer is expected to contribute effectively to the achievement of organisational goals and objectives by providing and overseeing the Commission's function of case review. The post holder will also be expected to contribute significantly to broader organisational objectives based on their involvement and responsibilities for policy/procedural review, continuous improvement, research & development and stakeholder focus.
- Possess a degree in law or legal studies or of which law is the major component accompanied by another subject
- Are a solicitor or barrister who currently holds or is entitled to hold a certificate to practice in the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland
- Have at least three year's PQE.
- Experience of researching and drafting legal policy papers. In this context legal policy means the examination of the law taking account of social, economic and other relevant factors'
- Experience of handling investigations and enquiries leading to legal casework.
- One year's experience of managing an individual or team.
At an operational level the key purpose and function of this role is to:
- Develop and manage COPNI's legal assistance and casework;
- Formulate and oversee the maintenance of the COPNI's strategic approach to the selection and conduct of formal investigations;
- Undertake legal research in relation to allocated projects;
- Undertake any other duties in support of the Head of Legal and Policy Advice, as required.
- Formal investigations and complaints
- Divisional management responsibilities
Please be aware that this is not the full job description. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland