Our public sector client has a requirement for a temporary Legal Team Co-Ordinator required based in Belfast for 6 months.
Rate of Pay: £12.31 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
- Minutes at team meetings
- Manage Office Post
- Liaise with Finance: lodging incoming cheques with Finance, TT and BACS transfers, billing/invoices
- Complete Work Instruction Forms
- Manage CPD and Practising Certificates
- Submitting documents for execution by Board members
- General administration including: opening, maintaining and archiving files; dealing with telephone queries and providing clients with updates, if necessary
- Preparing instructions for briefing external Solicitors
- Dictation and minutes
- Diary management
- Email control, filing, printing and photocopying
- Ordering regional property certs (successors to DoE property certs) from the 11 councils
- Ordering Registry of Deeds searches and Stat Charges searches from our Law Searchers. Land Web searches and process First Registration of land applications. Lodging Land Registry paper applications for land transfers
- Support the Company Secretary in the submission of documents to Companies House
- Central point of contact for instruction and billing administration for external legal, internal legal and finance team
- Liaise with Companies House as required from time to time
- Maintain and develop effective channels of communication between the legal team and external stakeholders
- Experience dealing with Land Registry and Registry of Deeds to include drafting and applying for Property Certificates, performing Folio searches, and Scheduling Deeds
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as a legal secretary
- A minimum of 4 years experience working in a fast pace environment with competing priorities
- A minimum of 5 GCSE passes (Grades A - C) to include English and Maths
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fully proficient in copy typing and diary and inbox management
- Proven file management skills including the opening, closing and archiving of paper files
- Experience preparing Briefs to Counsel and compiling trial bundles
- Experience of assisting a Company Secretary
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.