Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a LGV Driver to start ASAP
Role: LGV Driver /Semi Skilled Operative
Pay rate: £9.78 p/hr
Hours: 37hrs per week
The post holder's main duties will be to undertake a comprehensive range of manual duties. These semi skilled duties will be include: refuse, cleansing, grounds and building maintenance and recycling.
- To help with loading and unloading vehicles including using mechanical aids where necessary.
- Carry out refuse collection duties including bin loading, back door collection, inspection of bin contents and recycling bins for contamination, distribution of information/promotional material, collection and distribution of bags and the collection of bulky household items as and when required.
- Carry out street cleansing duties either manually or in conjunction with a mechanical sweeper or pedestrian operated sweeper including emptying of litter and dog foul bin.
- Litter picking and general cleansing as required
- Cleaning of fly tipped materials including dead animals form public areas and the cleaning of areas using chemicals where appropriate.
- Undertake relief toilet block cleaning making sure they are clean and safe.
- General tidying
- Vehicles checks
- Undertake training
- Carrying out duties as and when required at the Councils various recycling centers to include advising member of the public in relation to segregation of waste, completing associated paperwork, keeping site tidy, assisting the general public with bulky or heavy items, opening and closing the site and office, static compactor duties and any other duties deemed necessary to ensure safe and efficient operation of recycling centers.
- General labouring and maintenance duties including working with assisting tradesmen with general repairs to council property. Including using power hand tools.
Essential Criteria :
- A current full, category B (car), and Class C or C+E driving licence or equivalent valid in the UK.
- First module of Certificate of Professional Competence completed by date of application and full qualification to completed.
- A Minimum of 2 years experience in the last 5 years driving an LGV Vehicle ( minimum 3 anxle rigid vehicle ).
- 1 years experience supervising a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
Desirable Criteria :
- 1 Years experience of driving a refuse lorry, skip lorry or big bite vehicle.
- Knowledge of Causeway Coast and Glens borough area.
- Relevant qualification in Waste Management.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.