We are currently recruiting for a LGV Driver in Larne to work within the Public Sector. This role will also involve an element of general labouring duties.
LGV Driver with Labouring duties required on a temporary basis based in Larne
Role: LGV Driver
Rate of Pay: £9.50 per hour
Hours: 37 Hours
Responsible for any vehicle, equipment, passengers etc allocated for the purpose of waste collection, cleansing, recycling or other appropriate service provided. This involves working as part of a small team and includes duties connected with street cleaning, the collection and transfer to a designated location of household, industrial, commercial waste, recyclables and any other waste from a variety of locations eg houses, shops, schools, business premises, civic amenity sites, depots, entries and streets.
- To operate all vehicle systems which ensure the safety and security of the vehicle, staff and the public.
- To take part in periodic training to improve personal and team performance and provide on the job training to new members of staff including casuals or agency, including instructing other operatives in the use of plant and vehicle equipment and other training issues relating to the refuse collection and recycling operations.
- To drive and be personally responsible for LGV driving duties on any vehicle provided by the Services Department. Driving duties include inspecting, driving, cleaning and washing. To collect vehicle from operational base and be conversant with all aspects of existing and new equipment.
- To be responsible for any other duties in the event that driving duties are not required. These duties may be allocated anywhere in the Borough and include emptying/cleaning litter or dog waste bins and clearance of any illegal dumping including dead animals.
- The sweeping, collection and removal of all litter, dirt, leaves etc from public places including roads, pavements and pedestrianized areas as may be required from time to time.
- In the event of inclement weather preventing normal working, undertake such alternative tasks as may be allocated by management. However the duty of bin collections needs to be carried out in extreme weather conditions also.
- To complete vehicle daily record sheets - mileage, fuel, defects and returns to line managers daily.To undertake any inspection process required to ensure that materials presented for recycling are not contaminated by non appropriate materials. This will include both pre and post emptying of the receptacle.
- Valid unendorsed Category C Drivers Licence
- Valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card
- A minimum of 2 years' continuous LGV driving experience
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Karyn Beverland / Ashleigh Lyle will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.