Linux Application Developer (C/C++ & Python)
Role: Linux Application Developer (C/C++ & Python)
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 DOE
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Linux Application Developer (C/C++ & Python) for a leading Global Technology company.
The role & Responsibilities
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team creating software for embedded devices or server applications. She/he will write software running under the Linux operating system. Candidates will use mainly C or C++ and occasionally they will have the opportunity to use various scripting languages such as bash or python.
· A degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar
· At least 3 years experience in designing Linux-based systems.
· Experience in development of Linux services/daemons.
· Knowledge of D-Bus and other IPC systems.
· Experience in embedded systems development.
· Advanced knowledge of C++ including C++11, and Object Oriented Design
· Practical knowledge of commonly used design patterns and libraries (STL, Boost, etc..).
· Experience in Python.
· Knowledge of SVN/Git.
· Good written/spoken English.
· Knowledge of Qt and glib and other commonly used Linux libraries.
· Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
· Knowledge of Electronics.
· Knowledge of Modbus/CAN/HDLC protocol(s).
· Experience with Open Embedded.
· Experience in Agile methodology.
· A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
· Quality focused.
· A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
· Demonstrate initiative, communication and interpersonal skills Knowledge of English sufficient to communicate in an international team
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 30k to 45k per annum depending on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.