Linux Application Developer (C/C++ & Python)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Linux Application Developer (C/C++ & Python) based in Lisburn.
My client is looking for a Linux Engineer to join its market-leading design team at its Lisburn office. The successful applicant can expect to join a dynamic development team. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team creating software for embedded devices or server applications. She/he will write software running under the Linux operating system. Candidates will use mainly C or C++ and occasionally they will have the opportunity to use various scripting languages such as bash or python.
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar
- At least 3 years experience in designing Linux-based systems.
- Experience in development of Linux services/daemons.
- Knowledge of D-Bus and other IPC systems.
- Experience in embedded systems development.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ including C++11, and Object Oriented Design
- Practical knowledge of commonly used design patterns and libraries (STL, Boost, etc..).
- Experience in Python.
- Knowledge of SVN/Git.
- Good written/spoken English.
- Knowledge of Qt and glib and other commonly used Linux libraries.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Electronics.
- Knowledge of Modbus/CAN/HDLC protocol(s).
- Experience with Open Embedded.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Quality focused.
- A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing the company and their clients
- Demonstrate initiative, communication and interpersonal skills Knowledge of English sufficient to communicate in an international team
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland