Systems Engineer - Linux
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit two Linux Systems Engineers for a leading IT Solutions company based in Newry.
We are looking for multiple Linux Systems Engineers with demonstrable experience in Linux server administration, excellent communication skills and a strong ability to perform Root Cause Analysis.
- 3-5 Years Linux server administration experience including but not limited to: o Strong understanding of Linux patch/package management.
- Strong understanding of File System Technologies including (NFS, GlusterFS, AutoFS, Samba, CIFS)
- Strong understanding of OS performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of rsync.
- Strong understanding of using OS tools to diagnose hardware issues
- Shell scripting
- 2-4 Years Storage/Network experience from Linux/UNIX perspective o Ability to troubleshoot SAN issues
- Ability to troubleshoot iSCSI.
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
- 1-3 Years experience in centralized authentication services, e.g. Powerbroker preferred
- 1-3 Years of experience working with containers is a must. Docker preferred.
- 1-3 Years of experience in Automation tools, e.g. Puppet/Ansible, preferred
- * -3 Years VMWare ESXi preferred. Candidates lacking this experience in the areas will be expected to
- Should be comfortable speaking to clients regarding their technology needs and making recommendations
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and perform Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work from a ticketing system and provide quality updates to clients and team.
- Ability to document all work completed and train support staff on client systems.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.