- Preparing and processing documentation when required
- Liaising with suppliers and freight partners
- To provide general administration support for the Logistics Team
- Co-ordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and journey plans
- Record and track freight movement
- Work together with different departments in order to meet deadlines
- Other ad-hoc administration duties as required by the Logistics Manager.
- On occasion applicants may be required to provide support in Thompson Engineering offices in Lurgan and Banbridge.
The above list is not exhaustive & the scope of the job will grow with experience & additional tasks may be required as & when the business needs change.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Previous experience in the preparation and completion of import/export documentation and an understanding of trade procedures would be desirable
- Must have proven experience of working in a fast-moving environment where ability to deliver is paramount
- The applicant should be dynamic, energetic, self-driven with a positive "can do" attitude towards work and a clear focus on deliverable metrics
- The applicant must be a good team player and be able to provide accurate data with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficient in all IT packages
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- The applicant must be highly organised and able to forward plan.
- Must be able to show strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work overtime and additional shifts when requested
- Educated to GCSE Level, Grades A*-C, or equivalent (including Maths & English)
- 1 year's previous experience providing administration support