LOGISTICS MANAGER, DUNGIVEN, SALARY NEGOTIABLE
Our client is an expanding manufacturing business based in Dungiven. They are renowned for offering professional, high quality, bespoke products, and the company continues to win major prestige projects throughout Ireland and mainland UK. Due to continued growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Logistics Manager to their team.
As Logistics Manager you be responsible for the effective planning and coordination of all Transportation activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of transportation activities in accordance with all customer service requirements.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of freight in line with customer service requirements.
- Coordinate, facilitate, organise and provide information for both internal and external customers as well as ensuring compliance with all government regulations and corporate directives for the timely and safe handling and shipping of materials and products.
- Establish and confirm rates with carriers and ensure this up to date with the most competitive rates at all times.
- Actively identify opportunities to reduce transport cost and improve margins.
- Utilisation of problem-solving tools and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Provision of World class customer service.
- Maintain customer relations and communicate to ensure on time delivery.
- Ensure all product is compliant and adheres to company standards.
- Ensure that all data is input accurately into company system and data records.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met in accordance with company standards.
- Significant experience gained in previous logistical operational position.
- Experience with Outbound Logistics.
- Experience of Road and Sea freight.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to Detail
- Able to plan, execute and deliver targets, manage and contain workload, you will have autonomy to deliver on this and will enable you to take ownership of your role.
- Highly organised, detail-orientated self starter with the ability to develop and prioritise workload.
- Excellent understanding of Supply Chain.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Team player who can manage a small team.
As an integral member of the team in this specialised field, with a reputation for professional service, quality products and many years of customer partnering, this position is an exciting and varied role offering the opportunity to build your career within a growing business.
If you would like more information please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.