Location: County Antrim
Grafton Specialist team are delighted to be working alongside a leading construction and manufacturing company.
As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for managing the distribution of goods and materials and ensuring deliveries are on time.
- Arrange the cost-effective and on-time delivery of goods and materials between suppliers, Factory and sites.
- Identify opportunities to improve transportation methods delivering efficiency, cost, quality and delivery benefits.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with internal/external customers, transport companies and suppliers to negotiate and set up contracts.
- Implement and manage stock control systems for all tools sent and returned from the site.
- Manage the timely replenishment of tool containers in accordance with the lists issued by operations.
- Co-ordinate the correct disposition of returned material with Stores and Production.
- Maintain and control transport supplier database
- Ensure the operating costs for Dispatch and the fleet of delivery vehicles are kept as low as possible.
- Proven track record in a management role with responsibility for logistics.
- Expert knowledge of import/export and customs regulations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence people at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.