Mainframe Developer (The initial roles will be contract, 3-6 months. If the model proves successful there will be a possibility to extend.)
Location: Derry/ Londonderry
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Mainframe Developer based in Derry/ Londonderry
We're currently seeking a Mainframe Developer to join our IT Department. Work within a strong team to deliver high quality software solutions for the business throughout the whole of Ireland.
- Work with Development Manager, Project Managers and Business Analysts to define and deliver technical components to meet project demands.
- Design new / changed systems from the ground up.
- Produce technical specifications and designs based on requirement documents.
- Develop and deliver high standard solutions to the companys systems
- Provide support and direction to development teams, plan and oversee peer reviews.
- Support implementations and technical change to production systems.
- Perform, document and manage unit / system testing.
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting several tasks at once, and be to complete development work as well as analysis as part of new projects and initiatives.
- Support issue resolution, application maintenance and ad hoc queries from development teams.
- At least 5 years design and development experience in in a Mainframe environment, in both Batch and Online environments
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Experience of working in waterfall and agile teams
- Experience of Cobol or Ideal Mainframe languages
- Technical experience: Cobol or Ideal, JCL. CICS or Datacom database desirable but not essential.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland