Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Hours: Continental Shifts
Grafton Engineering are working in partnership with a leading local food manufacturing business who have a worldwide customer portfolio. My client is recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to be based at their offices in Downpatrick. This is an exciting time for a Maintenance Engineer who has worked in a similar role to carve a career in a renowned business during an exciting period of growth.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time
- Repairs to machinery in the event of a breakdown
- Installation of new plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance on plant and machinery
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Candidates should have relevant experience in an industrial environment with exposure to fast paced production equipment.
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship or training programme and be capable of carrying out electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis and repairs
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience.
- Have solid working knowledge of single/3 phase electrical installations and equipment.
- Ability to diagnose faults on electrical control circuits, general electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.