Shifts 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Grafton Engineering are working in partnership with our client who are market leaders in their industry and who have a worldwide customer portfolio. My client is recruiting for Mechanical/Maintenance Fitter to be based at their offices in Belfast.
Deliver effective mechanical/electrical fault finding by investigating the root cause of failures and put corrective measures into action
- Complete calibrations and PPM activities across the site within schedule
- Keep all engineering working areas clean and tidy
- To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver mechanical modifications wherever possible
- Identify/implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance
- Create/maintain spares inventory's and maximise the spare parts stores
- Participate in all investment and development projects
- Working with contractors as and when required
- Carry out effective handovers and communication across all functions within the business
- Maintain records (routine maintenance, calibrations, inspections, repairs, modifications and breakdowns)
- Carry out routine inspections and testing on plant operating systems and all other equipment
- Evaluate the quantity and availability of spare parts required to be in stock to ensure high levels of equipment performance and availability
- Identify training requirements in order to achieve continuous personal development
- General maintenance and repair of all buildings in use by the company
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Production Manager or General Manager
- Qualified time served apprenticeship
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Experience in food mills or similar manufacturing industries on automated raw material feed systems, auto weighing, bagging lines, LEV, packaging and palletising equipment a distinct advantage.
- Previous training/skills in Fabrication, Welding, FLT, IPAF, PASMA, IOSH / NEBOSH or Abrasive Wheels a distinct advantage
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
For more information please contact Jordan McMaster on 02890 323333