The Client: Located in Newry, the company are one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical manufacturers, supplying countries globally.
The Role: Based within our Maintenance Department the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out day to day mechanical maintenance within a manufacturing facility comprising of both preventive and reactive duties.
The Maintenance Fitter is a critical member of Central Services Maintenance team and will focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing machinery in our manufacturing facilities as well as being actively involved in our preventative maintenance programme.
Hours of work: Full-time
- Must have served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship within a manufacturing industry;
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment - fitting, repair and installation;
- Strong technical skills;
- Confident in reading and understanding engineering drawings to include hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams;
- Experience in carrying out fault finding
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team;
- Computer literate.
- Desirable criteria:
- BTEC qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering;
- A good understanding of electrical systems and electronic controls would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, to operate under time pressure;
- Previous experience in a regulated environment or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent salary & performance-related bonus
- Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
- Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.