Maintenance Mechanical Engineer
Monday to Friday 830-430pm
Grafton Engineering are working in partnership leading company, selling into UK, Irish, and International markets.
Manage and maintain the company's plant and machinery by providing mechanical and electrical expertise to support the effective and efficient running of the factory processes.
- Carry out planned and condition-based maintenance on all plant and machinery within the factory environment.
- Carry out emergency maintenance at any time to ensure production levels are maintained at all times.
- Source parts for machinery in a timely manner to ensure the most cost-effective parts are purchased in conjunction with the company's purchasing procedure.
- Recommend changes to machinery and processes in order to improve efficiencies and lower running costs.
- Diagnose faults and provide root cause analysis of equipment failure.
- Ensure timely and accurate records are maintained for all maintenance work carried out, in conjunction with the company's quality requirements.
- Supervise any third-party work carried out on plant and machinery and ensure third party contractors adhere to the company's quality requirements.
- Source new machinery in line with the needs of the company and to design machine specifications for the same.
- Sign off and commission all new machinery purchased by the company.
- Carry out maintenance training with other members of staff.
- Adhere to the company's Health & Safety Policy and ensure all operators are maintaining safe working practices at all times.
- Minimum of 5 years recent and relevant work experience within a production/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to solve problems using a logical thought process and implement solutions to prevent re-occurrences.
- Ability to operate under pressure in a fast-moving technical environment.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes and safety requirements of the same.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Flexibility to attend call outs as and when they arise over a 24/7 period.
- 17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regulation qualification
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.