Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large government organisation to recruit a temporary Maintenance Technician for the Greater Belfast area.
To be responsible to the Facilities Co-ordinator for the implementation of services necessary to maintain the fabric, fixtures and fittings of the buildings and their facilities.
To be able to work flexibly across the two venues in Belfast city centre to ensure the necessary high standards of service delivery are achieved.
Applicants must have completed an apprenticeship in an appropriate recognised discipline and possess relevant qualifications, that is, City & Guilds.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate, by way of example on their application form, at least 3 years recent experience in the maintenance of mechanical and electrical services installations, plant and equipment.
- To understand and operate the Building Energy Management System and to make adjustments when required
- In conjunction with the Facilities Co-ordinator to be responsible for the operation and monitoring of all equipment and facilities including arranging repair, maintenance and/or replacement and to carry out reactive repairs when required.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Co-ordinator to be responsible for the review and development of suitable quality and safety check procedures and routines.
- To be responsible for carrying out the work in regards to the planned building maintenance programme of the electrical and mechanical systems.
- To liaise with the Facilities Management department and outside contractors, in regards to the pre planned maintenance of the buildings, structures, furnishings and fittings.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Co-ordinator to be responsible for monitoring the work and conduct of all casual maintenance staff, engineers, contractors, and others whilst in the Halls or their environs and to ensure they conform to current health and safety regulations concerning safe working practices.
- To inspect and compile reports as requested on condition, operation and running costs of plant and machinery.
- To be responsible for maintaining a regular inventory of all equipment and supplies used within the Halls.
- To be part of the Duty Management Team during events and to be responsible for the reactive maintenance and repair of both fabric and systems whilst on duty.
- To be responsible for carrying out pre event safety checks in line with the Hall's emergency evacuation strategy
- To act as part of the Duty Management Team in relation to emergency evacuation.
- To keep informed regarding new technical developments within the industry, particularly equipment and to make recommendations regarding the adoption and acquisition of such developments to the Halls.
- To assist the Facilities Co-ordinator in the preparation of specifications and other tender documentation for the provision of services within the Halls as required.
- To assist in ensuring the effective training and development of technical staff to ensure the delivery of services of the highest possible quality.
- To understand and be able to use the venue management system.
- To ensure the highest levels of professionalism and customer care.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the employer.