Maintenance Technician-Day Shift
Day Shift: 7am to 3pm
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Maintenance Technician for a top manufacturing company based in Co Antrim. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
* Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all company process machinery and equipment. Regularly revise and updates schedule as required.
* Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
* Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
* Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
* Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
* Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
* Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
* Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
* Set up & make modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
* Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
* Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. calibration of measuring equipment.
* Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
* Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
* Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
* Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
* Minimum of 4 years' relevant Mechatrician experience (inclusive of apprenticeship training).
* Experience of working as a Maintenance Technician, carrying out machinery repairs, fault finding and problem-solving within a manufacturing environment.
* Experience of working on pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical equipment.
* Knowledge of health and safety requirements/precautions.
If you would like to discuss this Maintenance Technician job in more detail please contact Jordan McMaster now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.