Manual Shot Blaster
Our client a well known engineering company based in Coleraine require a Manual shot blaster on a Temporary ongoing basis working on a rotational shift Immediate start available.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in general production, including preparation of parts, loading and unloading of automated lines and painting booths etc.
- Prepare parts and components for the powder coating process - including part identification, interpretation of job packs, fettling, power tool cleaning/stripping, labelling and palletising etc.;
- Shot blast parts and assemblies in preparation for painting, meeting defined production standards, schedules and quality requirements;
- Efficiently pack, seal, and label all components ready for dispatch ensuring they are quality checked and meet customer schedule regarding on time and in full;
- Demonstrate that you have taken responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Experience of working hard to maintain constantly changing product flow through a busy shop floor / production environment.
- Experience of working on own initiative and acting to resolve any issues impacting upon your performance.
- Ability to comprehend, read and write English fluently, and follow verbal and written instructions;
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively;
- Excellent attendance record and willingness to be flexible with time;
- Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude;
- Ability to be cross-trained to work across other areas to meet customer demand;
- Technical awareness with the ability to read drawings or work instructions;
- Previous experience of paint/powder/surface treatment operations;
- Knowledge of ERP or MRP systems would be an advantage;
- Computer literate.
- A valid forklift licence.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Aine Carey at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.