Grafton are delighted to be working alongside Caterpillar who are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer on a temporary contract.
You will be responsible for working both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. Exercises independent judgement with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Analyse requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs,
- Complete both specialised and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions,
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans, Analyse, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools,
- Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement,
- Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost, Analyse tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements,
- Improve space utilisation in manufacturing and office spaces, and Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes.
- University or technical school degree in a Manufacturing Engineering-related degree.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment - preferred.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.