Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Mapping & Charting Officer x 2 to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months initially.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 per hour
13+ week's £14.01 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The Consultant will support the development and maintenance of spatial data and provide mapping and analytical services while promoting and supporting the use of OSNI mapping products.
- GIS skills - able to use ESRI ArcGIS -based software to load, manipulate, analyse and display data.
- Experience in utilising and manipulating spreadsheets and databases to analyse spatial data sets.
- Experience applying cartographic skills to visualise digital data
- Experience utilising web mapping technologies
- Experience presenting work to internal staff and external forums to aid in decision-making.
- Must have advanced level of experience with statistics.
- Capture, collate, process and visualise spatial data
- Analyse and present data using GIS methods including geo-statistical analysis, network analysis and spatial analysis.
- Provide technical advice on methods, technology, equipment as well as present analytical work to assist decision making
- Integrate spatial and non-spatical datasets through various methods including database and spreadsheet manipulation
- Leverage/use web and cloud-based mapping technologies.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland