Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Mapping & Charting Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 5 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00per hour
13+ week's £14.19per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A BTEC National Certificate or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering; and
* BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering;
- Surveying information on ground and property change, using ground and aerial survey techniques.
- Involved in a wider range of geographic information functions, for example aerial imagery, collection and processing, managing geographically referenced addresses, database management, boundaries work, cartography, geodetic survey, and maintenance of road and other location related data.
- In addition, Mapping and Charting officers are involved in product management activities, intellectual property rights management, sales channel development, e-commerce support, and support of customers using LPS' geographic information.
Officers at Mapping and Charting Officer grade are responsible for the following activities:
- Understanding and manipulating geographic information / Engaging with GI related IT applications / Management of relational database technologies in the context of LPS / Digital data models / Topographical surveying and data collection / Using cartographic skills to manipulate digital data / Photogrammetry / Address Data Maintenance and gazetteers / Geodesy and boundaries / Web mapping technologies / Sales and customer service in a GI environment / Product management in Mapping and GI / Intellectual Property in mapping.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland