Temporary Markets and Customer Services Attendant required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: Ad hoc
Duration: 6 months pending review
- To support the relevant manager in ensuring that all markets income is collected on time and kept secure, oversee and support Traders in the operation of the self-payment kiosk, and to issue receipts and lodge monies as required in line with financial procedures.
- To ensure that all markets are opened and closed at the proper times, that they are marshalled and secured and that at all times the market Bye-Laws, Regulations, Agreements, Permits are observed as directed by the supervisors.
- To be proactive in responding to enquiries and complaints from customers, traders, retailers, promoters etc. in person or by telephone, by providing relevant information, advice and assistance in line with council procedures or referring them to the relevant manager as necessary
- To carry out routine maintenance work to support the effective functioning of the market.
- To carry out daily cleaning of the buildings including using electrical and mechanical cleaning and polishing equipment, for example, sweeping, mopping, and polishing of all public areas, toilets and other areas as required.
- To prepare the venue for events, concerts, shows, exhibitions, awards and fairs; to set-up and set-down of equipment, stands, displays and other equipment as directed.
- To operate the markets computer equipment as required.
- To assist in maintaining good public relations actively promoting the market'simage and facilities.
- To work within current Health and Safety at work Legislation concerning safe working practices, to act as fire warden and adhere to the fire evacuation policy as and when required.
- To assist as required in street market activities as they arise.
- To assist in the monitoring of the work of contractual cleaning staff as required.
- To act in accordance with policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, child protection and any pertinent legislation.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience in working in a customer service environment, carrying out cleaning duties and carrying out basic maintenance tasks such as setting up stalls and basic equipment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.