Materials Coordinators communicate across a variety of functions. Clear written and verbal communication is essential. The ability to organise, plan and prioritise is required. An understanding of the principles of MRP systems. A competent user of Microsoft applications is desirable.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To provide general administration support for the Purchasing Team
- Liaising with suppliers
- Ensuring parts, both purchased and in-house manufactured, are available when required to support the manufacturing plan.
- Identifying when delays may impact the manufacturing plan and communicating to stakeholders.
- Expediting of procured and in-house manufactured parts.
- Controlling return of faulty / damaged parts to supplier.
- Supporting Goods In Department with any delivery queries.
- Reporting on supply and demand.
- Communication across a variety of functions, both written and verbal.
- Generating weekly KPI's
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise.
- Strong analytical and IT Skills
- Understanding of the fundamentals of MRP.
- Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business and external customers, both written & verbally.
- Problem solver.
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Experience of working in an analytical role in the manufacturing environment would be desirable
- GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English.
- MRP: 1 year (preferred)
- Bill of Materials: 1 year (preferred)
- Materials Co-ordinator : 2 years (preferred)
- Willing to work overtime as necessary by needs of production