Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast are working in partnership with Caterpillar to recruit for a Material Planning Analyst. This is an interim position based at the Caterpillar Springvale site and an exceptional opportunity for experienced materials planners, purchasing assistants, supply logistics agents or supply chain or engineering graduates with MRP experience to gain experience and training in a structured supply chain department.
As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, resolving issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You'll work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. You will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Exception Management - ensuring that all supplier schedules are kept up to date and accurate, working on any grief generated, initiating pull forward or deferral requests as necessary
- Inbound Shipment Tracking & Supplier Ship Performance - Monitoring and taking action when it falls below acceptable standards, working to root cause any supplier issues that may be affecting output
- Supplier Collaborations - through use of our online collaboration tool, ensuring absolute accuracy in the data and management of any grief generated
- Back-order Management / Shortage Analysis
- Past Due Management
- Inbound Premium Freight Management
- Production Withdrawal - Requesting materials from parts depots around the world or other CAT facilities to cover production need when required
- 3rd level qualification in Supply Chain/ Business or Engineering related discipline
- Candidates with lesser or no qualifications must have significantly more experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills;
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification;
- Significant knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management;
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems; and
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics.
Interested - who are meeting the essential criteria should apply with an updated CV, using the link at the side of this advert.
If you would like to discuss this Materials Planning Analyst job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement Supply Chain Recruiter at Grafton, Belfast. If this position is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
You must have a current, valid UK work permit to be considered for this job and only candidate's whose CV is meeting the criteria will be accepted.