MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will be responsible to the Transport Manager in the delivery of a cost effective vehicle workshop and to ensure that delivery of the service in line with legislation and budget targets and work to achieve the wider organisational objectives as laid down in the corporate plan.
To ensure vehicles, plant and machinery are repaired and maintained as per the schedule set out by the Transport Manager and in accordance with all current legislation and regulations.
- Carry out inspections, maintenance and complete overhaul of vehicles, including use of equipment for mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Carry out body repairs to vehicles as necessary including the use of Oxy-Acetylene and Electrical Welding Equipment.
- Service, diagnose and repair faults, for electrical equipment and hydraulic systems fitted to vehicles and plant.
- Road test all types of vehicles.
- Act in a mobile capacity as and when required, servicing and repairing vehicles and equipment at any location including attendance to breakdowns.
- Prepare vehicles for PSV inspection.
- Record all work and assist with the up-keep of all relevant documentation as directed.
- Remove and fit new tyres to all vehicles and repair punctures.
- Carry out repairs to all types of lifting devices.
- Ordering of vehicle spares and collection of same.
- Repairs and maintenance to all grounds maintenance equipment, i.e. lawnmowers, tractors, rollers etc.
- Carry out annual maintenance and overhaul of all grass cutting machinery.
- Making arrangements with Companies for leaving vehicles in for repairs.
- Wash, clean and prepare vehicles for painting. Paint vehicles as and when required
Any other duties directed by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- have a minimum of City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Heavy vehicle engineering or equivalent.
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 3 years' experience within a Heavy Goods Vehicle workshop environment.
OR, for candidates who do not meet the qualification requirements as outlined above:
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 5 years' experience within a Heavy Goods Vehicle workshop environment.
Full time temporary role, immediate start £12.60 per hr based on 37hrs per week
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Ashleigh at Grafton Recruitment on 028 25632223