Immediately available Mechanic
Grafton Engineering have been retained by one of Northern Irelands most prestigious firms to recruit a Mechanic .
- Assessing mechanical issues
- Identifying, advising & carrying out the most appropriate mechanical repairs to vehicles and mobile plant with minimum supervision.
- Assessing bodywork issues
- Identifying, advising & carrying out (where practical) the most appropriate bodywork repairs to vehicles and mobile plant with minimum supervision.
- Complete necessary paper work
- Ensure that all work carried out is recorded correctly and that all hours used and parts fitted are clearly identified for billing.
- Ordering of parts
- Ensure that all parts required for each job are clearly identified as soon as possible to enable ordering on a timely basis to minimise downtime.
- Carrying out a range of mechanical duties.
- A time-served mechanic with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above to include English Language and Math.
- Experience working in a busy workshop environment working on light and heavy commercial vehicles and a variety of mobile plant assets.
- Have a good understanding and experience of workshop practices and procedures.
- Current, valid driving licence.
- Competence in the use of IT including diagnostic tools and applications.
- Forklift truck licence or willingness to complete required Forklift qualification after taking up the role
- A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and standby rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday and provide cover for others when the need arises.
- Current driving licence with categories C or CE
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Jordan McMaster on 02890 323 333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.