The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will carry out scheduled maintenance operations on all fleet vehicles, plant and equipment, covering light vans and lorries, heavy goods and complex vehicles including refuse lorries and rear end loaders and plant including Excavators, and grass maintenance equipment i.e. tractors, ride-on mowing machines, strimmers, chain saws etc. All work to be carried out to the highest standards and to strict deadlines.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
- Recognised Apprenticeship in Heavy and / or Light vehicle or Plant maintenance
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Motor Vehicle, Heavy Vehicle or Plant Machinery Studies or equivalent qualification.
- 3 years' post-apprenticeship experience as a plant fitter on the servicing and maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles and plant and hold the potential to service and maintain specialist municipal vehicles and plant.
- Experience in the use of the following: * Welding (Mig, Tig, Gas) * Low Voltage Electrical systems repairs * Fabrications, formwork, burning & cutting
- Experience in undertaking safety inspections in accordance with Vehicle Operation Standards Association (VOSA) or equivalent.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety Legislation relevant to the post.
- A thorough working knowledge of vehicle electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics and hydrostatic systems is required.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and public/bank holidays.
- Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post.
- Rates of Pay: £13.99 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.