Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initally)
Pay rate: £15.87 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT3
Hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
- A BTEC/Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 7 years, in the production of mechanical building services designs typically found in non-domestic buildings.
- CAD Experience
- The successful agency worker will report to a Senior Professional & Technical Officer (SPTO) and supervise trainee staff within Property Management Branch, in the provision of various aspects of mechanical building services to Government Departments, Agencies and the wider public sector.
- The post holder will be a member of a multi-disciplinary organisation and shall be part of a team of Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Engineers. The post holders will be required to carry out a variety of activities such as:
- Feasibility, design and contract managing the installation of mechanical building services minor works projects (up to a value of £400k)
- Interrogation of Building Energy Management Systems;
- Advising clients on a variety of building services related issues including planned preventative maintenance, building energy management and sustainable development;
- Liaising with other professional and technical staff in the Branch and with client representatives to effectively maintain the client's property estate to ensure satisfactory use for intended purpose and value for money;
- Maintaining unit performance and client delivery in compliance with all statutory, health and safety, policy, good practice requirements and associated guidance
- Compliance with public sector procurement policy;
- Operation of energy monitoring and targeting systems;
- Providing support to Contract Management Team.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland