The Client: Local Government body based in Armagh, serving local residents.
- Manage vehicle and plant workshops (inc. industrial and non-industrial staff) in Armagh, Arvalee (Omagh) and Silverhill (Enniskillen) ensuring that all vehicles and plant items are maintained in accordance with manufacturer and statutory requirements.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Manage LOLER & PUWER engineering inspection services with accredited assessors implementing reactive action as necessary.
- Ensure that all procurement complies with guidelines.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of tenders associated with the procurement of vehicles and plant and/or vehicle and plant maintenance contracts and/or procurement of goods associated with the repair of vehicles and plant and workshop services.
- Establish, manage and maintain fleet maintenance programmes in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Establish, manage and maintain fleet maintenance service level agreements with key stakeholders.
- Liaise with operational staff throughout the Business Unit to ensure all targets, guidelines, procedures and legislation are met.
- Maintain, develop and use the fleet management computer system and fleet inventory to ensure that accurate and timely information is available to meet business needs.
- Manage, monitor, control and report on expenditure, quality and standards of in-house and contracted services/supplies provision within budget limitations.
- Ensure appropriate people management arrangements are in place including industrial relations, health and safety standards, recruitment, appraisal, discipline, welfare, etc.
- Identify training and development needs of all staff and preparation of training applications.
- Advise on relevant legislation.
- Driving duties to adequately perform vehicle and plant assessments and work quality checks. This will involve driving vehicles (cars, vans, light and heavy commercial vehicles) and operation of plant and equipment
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- At least a BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Motor Vehicle or Plant/Maintenance Studies
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years, in the management, maintenance and repair of a motor vehicle fleet or the procurement of vehicles or other mechanical plant.
- BTEC Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Motor Vehicle or Plant/Maintenance Studies
- A minimum of 1 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years, in the management, maintenance and repair of a motor vehicle fleet or the procurement of vehicles or other mechanical plant.
- All applicants must have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff to successfully achieve key business objectives.
- A full current driving licence to enable them to drive in Northern Ireland and have access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Rate of Pay: £10.00 p/hr, rising to £15.87 p/hr after 12 weeks
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.