We are delighted to be recruiting for a local Public Sector organisation who have a vacancy for a temporary Mechanical Engineer based in Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim
As the Mechanical Engineer your role will involve:
- The maintenance and reviewing of mechanical plant, marine vessels and equipment used by the company in civil engineering land and water-based operations and the fixed plant used to operate the navigation.
- Assisting in the design, installation and maintenance of electric and hydraulic power and control systems primarily for the operation of navigation locks, moving bridges and sluices.
- Application and development of electrical, instrumentation and PLC circuit drawings and documentation to improve fixed plant control systems.
- Working and liaising with the Civil and Structural Design sections of the Technical Services section/department on various construction and design projects.
- Working, liaising and supporting operations staff on various construction and maintenance projects.
- Possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Possess access to a form of transport which will permit travel throughout Ireland.
- Have knowledge and site experience on the maintenance of construction plant and upkeep of statutory compliance obligations for on and off road vehicles.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of electrical and hydraulic power systems and associated control instrumentation for large moving structures.
- Have knowledge and experience of working with Health, Safety and Welfare, practice and legislation in a work environment.
- Have up to date knowledge and experience in the use of relevant I.T. based engineering design and circuit development tools such as AutoCAD.
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Possess good project management skills.
Hours of work:
- 37 hours weekly
- Mon - Fri
- Salary 32-33 Euro
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.