Job Title - Mechanical Engineer
Location - Lisburn
Hours of work - 37.5 per week (7am - 3.30pm Monday - Friday)
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been requested to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for a leading, global manufacturing firm based in Lisburn. This position is to cover maternity leave.
About the role
All aspects of Mechanical Engineering from design to testing and certification. You could be in Product Development identifying and creating solutions, designing new mechanical systems, defining test specifications as well as supporting global supply chain to sustain manufacturing suppliers/ processes.
- Lead continuous improvement & influence new design standards
- Working with current and new suppliers on design interpretation and drawing quality
- Develop and test product qualification, certification and reliability requirements
- Contribute to global engineering metrics (on-time delivery, quality, non conformance etc)
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse date and interpret results
- Create reports and documentation
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or General Engineering) - or equivalent with experience
- Good understanding of mechanical principals (machining and sheet metal preferable)
- CAD experience - AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Extensive experience in working within cross functional project teams