May require working rotational days / nights and weekend depending on shift pattern worked
Salary: 30-34k DOE
My client is a leading local brand within the manufacturing/engineering sectors and specialise in plastic extrusion. Known locally as a leading employer, they seek to add experience to their Engineering Maintenance department and are in the market for an Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer.
- Ensure all tasks undertaken are completed in accordance with the appropriate and necessary regulations e.g. IEE, Electricity at Work Regulations and HASAW Regulations;
- Act as a member of the electrical maintenance team providing relevant information as the basis to future planning.
- Through good housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times;
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Policy of the company is operated to ensure compliance with statutory regulations as they change from time to time.
- Have completed a recognised apprenticeship as a Mechanical technician
- Have a minimum of 5 years post apprentice experience as a Mechanical technician in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience of fault diagnosis in mechanical systems and equipment.
- Have an established track record in delivering equipment reliability improvements.
- Have experience of a wide range of hydraulic, pneumatic, process temperature control systems.
- Have experience of equipment installation
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work to the required regulatory and safety standards on your own initiative, with minimum supervision within expected timescales
- Be an active team player, comfortable liaising with a number of functional groups, including: production management, electrical technicians and process technicians
- Have basic welding and fabrication skills
- Be available to work a variety of shift patterns, including weekend working
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.