Grafton are currently recruiting for a medical practice in the Newtownabbey area. They are seeking to recruit an experienced receptionist for 4-5 months cover.
- General Office Duties
- To cover reception on a rotational basis during the surgery opening hours
- To assist in any administrative tasks as required
- To have knowledge and training of the telephone system
- Day to day reception supervision
- To man the reception area on a day to day basis, working along side reception staff
- To answer the telephone promptly and politely, telephoning patients when requested
- To deal with patients at the front desk in a polite and courteous manner
- To make appointments accurately for both Doctors, practice nurses and other members of the community team using both manual and computerised systems.
- To take requests for repeat prescriptions promptly and accurately
- To scan hospital letters/results accurately into the patients computer records
- To take requests for home visits and advice
- To undertake photocopying duties as requested
Hours of work
- Monday 8.30 to 4.30
- Tuesday 8.30 to 4.30
- Wednesday 8.30 to 5.30
- Thursday 8.30 to 4.30
- Good all round general education
- A minimum of three years reception or customer service experience
- Good knowledge of reception and telephone system
- Good knowledge of alphabetical filing systems
- Good all round office skills
- Organisational skills
- Calm and unflappable
- Well organised
- Dependable and flexible
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Desire to develop and manage systems
- High expectation of self and others
- Able to work for the benefit of the team.
- Medical administration background
- Any reception or customer service courses achieved
- Two or more years relevant experience in a patient centred setting
- Knowledge of Emis or other computerised appointment system
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel you have the necessary experience or for further information apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.