30hrs per week
I am currently recruiting for a medical receptionist in Newtownabbey on a temp basis for 9 months. You must be available to start immediately.
- To cover reception on a rotational basis during the surgery opening hours
- To assist in any administrative tasks as required
- To have knowledge and training of the telephone system
- To man the reception area on a day to day basis, working along side reception staff
- To answer the telephone promptly and politely, telephoning patients when requested
- To deal with patients at the front desk in a polite and courteous manner
- To make appointments accurately for both Doctors, practice nurses and other members of the community team using both manual and computerised systems.
- To take requests for repeat prescriptions promptly and accurately
- To scan hospital letters/results accurately into the patients computer records
- To take requests for home visits and advice
- To undertake photocopying duties as requested
- 4 GCSE's including Maths and English Language
- A minimum of three years reception or customer service experience
- Good knowledge of reception and telephone system
- Good knowledge of alphabetical filing systems
- Good all round office skills
- Organisational skills
- Capability of managing calenders
- Exceptional customer-service skills and effective communication both verbal and written
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you are looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria required for the Medical Receptionist role please attach your CV below or call Leah McPeake on 02890 242824