Secretarial and office administration for medico-legal work, to include, appointments scheduling, report dispatch and general liaison with solicitors and legal firms. Typing reports from audio files from 3-4 clinics per week.
All files are highly confidential and appropriate discretion is crucial in compliance with GDPR and patient confidentiality.
This position is 4-5 days per week and can be home based.
No reception / meet & greet of patients is required as this is provided separately by medical rooms.
A weekly meeting either by phone or ideally face to face is also required with the Doctor to pass on weekly clinic lists and files and discuss any outstanding matters.
Salary £10-14 per hour depending on experience
Skills / Experience Required
- Previous Medical or Legal Secretarial experience.
- Typing Skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to be thorough and detail conscious.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Able to make appointments and speak directly with solicitors over the phone and by email.
- MS Office skills: Word, Excel
- Filing and document management/labelling (electronic and paper based.)
- Confidentiality aware, and ability to understand and follow GDPR guidelines.
Below is a list of areas and tasks which form the main body of the work:
- Report typing. Audio files provided per Clinic (3-4 per week.)
- Liaison by phone and/or email with solicitors to acknowledge an appointment request and set up appropriately timed clinic appointments on request. Confirming dates/times with Solicitors.
- Email inbox management and electronic filing using Microsoft Outlook and OneDrive.
- Collating relevant patient records and letters of instruction into Patient Folders awaiting their appointment.
- Compiling Clinic Lists and liaising with medical rooms administration staff to confirm room booking/availability.
- One week in advance compiling Patient Chart Files into Clinic file ready for clinic.
- After clinic, informing any solicitors of any non-attendance and reconfirming any necessary new appointments.
- After report is reviewed and approved by Doctor, dispatch report (and associated invoice) to appropriate solicitor contact.
- Invoicing: For each report, Doctor will give a list (as per Clinic list) of amounts to charge plus VAT. Record each Patient Name, Solicitor, Data of Appointment and amount in to the Invoicing Tracker excel to create the Invoice data. Send out appropriate invoice (as per template) along with report (as per section 6.)
- Liaise with solicitors re any queries, review appointments or addendum report requests or follow up with appointments.
- Any cheques through the post will need acknowledgement emails, tracked (as per above Invoice Tracker) and paperwork filing.
- Patient Chart folders post appointment: If large (and original notes) contact solicitor to see if confidential disposal is required or return.) Handwritten notes to be scanned and kept in electronic patient file. All other notes confidentially disposed.
- Finance/Invoicing: Every quarter compile spreadsheet of any received monies. This will mainly be sterling but will also involve some Euro amounts (IE VAT numbers for EEC exemption must be noted on each EU invoice and in the Invoice Tracker.)
- Expenses: keep record and paper copies of business-related expenses.
Please Note: Most correspondence and files are Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint/One Drive is used for cloud storage using a specific ID. Any other paper-based files should be kept in locked storage filing cabinets as per GDPR regulations.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.